Happy Foodie Penpal Reveal Day!!!
This was my first month participating, and both my husband and I had a lot of fun putting together our box and using the goodies we received!
This month I got a box from Kayla from Plymouth, Massachusetts…. here was the box:
I committed a faux pas and didn’t take pictures of the items OUT of the box, nor do I remember exactly what they were….
But I will tell you this;
EVERYTHING was delicious!
We particularly enjoyed the Boston Baked Beans candies
(My husband hadn’t seen these in YEARS, and was giddy as a school girl to see them)
AND these little heaven-sent tidbits….
Oh my goodness were THEY delicious…..
And they didn’t last long….
My husband devouring the last one
They were delicious. If you can find them, buy 5 boxes, and send me one.
(Which we found at our grocery store yesterday, SCORE! )
And onion soup mix and a delicious organic microwave-ready fried rice packet.
Needless to say, we enjoyed our box!
THANK YOU KAYLA!!!!!!!!
I look forward to next month’s box! We are trying to find a mix of local and unique yummies to send out… It’s really a lot of fun. Sign up! You won’t regret it and if you don’t like it, don’t sign up for the next month.
YAY FOODIE PENPALS!
Today I didn’t do anything “fitness” related, sorry to say.
I did, however, do some major gardening, so that kind of counts, right???
Tomorrow I’m running again, and yoga-ing. And shredding, or whatever it is Jillian Michaels has me doing.
I also drank a crap ton of water today, which isn’t too difficult for me, given that I’ve been getting into the swing of this for a while. My problem is I prefer ice in my water, and we do not have an ice maker…. and the bag of ice in our freezer has freezer burned together into a giant iceberg… and I don’t own an ice pick.
I also, today, instead of studying for my Life Span final on WEDNESDAY (go me) came up with my own 101 GOALS in 1001 DAYS. Check out the page above ^ to keep tabs on me.
Here is my list:
My 101 in 1001
Starting: May 7, 2013
Ending…… uh……. (carry the two……..) February 2, 2016
I’ve seen a few of these 101 GOALS in 1001 DAYS, and decided I was going to set myself up a list and see what happens…… The premise is, given 1001 days (roughly 2 and ¾ years) you can accomplish all 101 goals for yourself. The goals must be MEASURABLE and SPECIFIC (none of that ambiguous stuff) Also, 1001 days is a longer time span then 1 year, giving you “many seasons” to organize and plan for some of the biggies on the list…….
So here it goes…
- Lose 50 lbs (Currently 193.8 as of 5/7)
- Run a 5k
- Run 10 5ks
- Run a half marathon
- Run 5 half marathons
- Run a full marathon
- Run 3 full marathons
- Own a blogsite (www.radiantrunner.com)
- Obtain my RN
- Participate in a sprint Triathalon
- Organize a running group
- Get my husband to run a 5k with me
- Hold a gallery event for my photography
- Start a boudoir photography business!
- Laser Hair Removal
- Get 5 new tattoos
- Start a food canning group
- Paint a portrait
- Finish a crocheting project
- Shoot a deer with my bow
- Write and publish a short story
- Get to a “healthy” BMI (currently 33%)
- Learn how to use photoshop
- Learn how to play the harmonica
- Cook 30 meals with my pressure cooker
- Prepare a week’s worth of food on Sunday 15 times
- Sing at open mic night 1 time
- Go hiking in Colorado with our cousins
- Go hiking in North Carolina
- Complete Project 365
- Kayak around PIB in less than 2 hours (currently don’t know how long it takes, will try it once and revise this)
- Do yoga before and after work 50 times
- Be able to perform a side crow pose
- Do couple’s yoga with my husband 50 times
- Be able to perform the scorpion pose
- Eat drink 8oz of water 500 days
- Put away $5000 in savings (~$75 a paycheck)
- Save up my spare change for 1001 days (We’ll see about this!!!)
- Learn how to Identify 15 constellations
- Get my CCW
- Get 100 followers on my blog
- Host 5 giveaways
- Try 30 different recipes/cook my way through a cookbook
- Make homemade whole wheat pasta
- Take a kick boxing class
- Take a boxing class
- Learn how to drive stick shift
- Have boudoir photos taken of myself and my husband
- Get an indoor biking platform
- Go rock climbing
- Take vitamins 365 times
- Make a recipe book/blog section
- Finish playing Skyrim
- Meet and run with one blogger
- Plant a garden for an elderly person
- Complete the MS Bike to the Bay
- Have a 6 month stockpile in my basement of food, toiletries and household items
- Finish the upstairs bathroom
- Update the kitchen
- Go on a date 20 times with just my hubby
- Take a ballroom dance class
- Make 20 DIY projects off pintrest (I am a firm believer nobody actually does any of the things they pin!)
- Learn how to make sushi
- Get a design for our wine
- Adopt a wild mustang
- See the wild ponies of Chincoteague Island
- Learn how to filet a fish
- Write out our wills
- Make soap
- Go maple-syruping (can’t remember what it’s called right now)
- Have my wisdom teeth removed (TERRIFIED)
- Make something to sell (and sell it!) on ETSY
- Learn how to hang10 on the IndoBoard
- Make cheese
- Do a detox cleanse
- Send out Homemade Christmas Cards (both years)
- Have a booth at a farmer’s market
- Get matching tattoos with my sisters
- Make a sundress
- Visit NYC with my cousins
- Have sex (at least) once a day for 30 days (5 times over) 😉
- Make 30 recipes from the Ball canning cookbook
- Kill an alligator (Or help my husband do it)
- Learn how to identify 15 trees by their leaves
- Become Scuba certified
- Go camping for a week with no amenities
- Floss my teeth daily for a month, 5 times over (AGAIN, I’ve got 2 and ¾ years people!) Let’s DO THIS
- Take a pole-dancing class
- Recycle weekly
- See the Northern Lights
- Do the Foodie Pen Pal Challenge each month
- Write Thank You Cards for all gifts etc. received
- Start a homemade dog treat business
- Take a cupcake decorating class
- Actually make it to Hocking Hills for our Anniversary (Or the Smokies, whichever)
- See Mumford and Sons, Tool and the Foo Fighters in concert if applicable
- Stop crossing my legs
- Have questionable moles removed
- Do a back bend/walk over
- Have sex in 15 public places
Wish me luck!!!